
Last Sunday, we made our way down the coast to the airport at Half Moon Bay to attend Dream Machines, a classic plane and car exhibition. While my husband may think that I just went along to humor him, I'm secretly just as enthusiastic about classic vehicles as he is. I seriously wanted to bring home this cute Rambler home. It even went with my Clare McCardell dress.

But I would have also had to get this trailer -- appropriately called "The Great Pumpkin" -- to tow behind it.

However, I would have settled for the adorable 1904 gem. Plus, it would have been just right for me with my lack of driving skills.

After wandering through what seemed like miles of planes and cars, we found a grassy spot next to the runway, spread out our blankets and had a champagne picnic while watching the planes taxi by and take off.

The day still seemed young when the event ended at 4pm, so on our way up the coast, we decided to stop at the beach at Pacifica to do a little tidepooling.

It was hard to resist not collecting too many treasure from the sea, but I left this seaweed in it's perfect arrangement.

There were loads of tiny hermit crabs in the pools. I scooped a couple up in a clam shell and tricked them to come out of their shells for a closer look.

As we made our way back to the pier, this sweet seal pup seemed to be waiting to tell us that the tide had come in and blocked our way. We had to climb a slightly treacherous trail up the cliff to avoid being washed away. Life is always an adventure...

...but it's fun to be having it together.
Awfully cute post!!!
ReplyDeleteHello Kelly,
ReplyDeletethis is my first time here, and I enjoyed my visit very much.
Nice post, what a cute 'great pumpkin'!;) Love the last shot!
Monica.