There's a Chinese proverb that goes something like if you only have $2 (or whatever monetary system you are on) to your name, spend $1 on rice and $1 on flowers, so as to feed both the stomach and the spirit. Well, while today I didn't have much more than that with me when I went to the Civic Center Farmers Market, when I saw the sign on these roses saying that they were only $1 a bunch, I couldn't resist buying not one, but two bunches. Not only are they a beautiful peachy-pink, but they smell heavenly. However, when I got home, I realized that I didn't have a vase big enough for all those roses, so I popped over to what I should start calling my "secret treasure room" (Goodwill) and not only found a perfect vase, but the yellow faience cookie jar that I've been longing to add to the kitchen. So, the roses proved to be double happiness.
Wednesday, May 19, 2010
Roses, $1/bunch
There's a Chinese proverb that goes something like if you only have $2 (or whatever monetary system you are on) to your name, spend $1 on rice and $1 on flowers, so as to feed both the stomach and the spirit. Well, while today I didn't have much more than that with me when I went to the Civic Center Farmers Market, when I saw the sign on these roses saying that they were only $1 a bunch, I couldn't resist buying not one, but two bunches. Not only are they a beautiful peachy-pink, but they smell heavenly. However, when I got home, I realized that I didn't have a vase big enough for all those roses, so I popped over to what I should start calling my "secret treasure room" (Goodwill) and not only found a perfect vase, but the yellow faience cookie jar that I've been longing to add to the kitchen. So, the roses proved to be double happiness.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

oooh, those are gorgeous...you can't beat that price either...what a steal...thanks for stopping over to visit with me:) i love your avatar pic, it is SO cute!!!
ReplyDeleteWow! What a deal!!! Perfect color...we don't get to see the Faience jar :)?? Next post maybe? :)
ReplyDeleteAh beautiful roses and they stay beautiful forever in blogland!
ReplyDeleteHave a great weekend!
Hello Kelly,
ReplyDeletethanks for your nice comment at my blog (my english isn't so good, but i think you will understand *smile*). I was very surprised that a blogger from USA is reading MY blog *wow*. At starting my blog i had a few problems with leaving comments.
I wish you a nice week-end.
Best regards
Bianca