Monday, May 17, 2010

A Lovely Surprise

A few weeks ago, soon after I had started blogging, I left a comment on the blog of Kristine Wahlberg's lovely shop, The Duke & The Duchess, to enter a drawing for a stylish totebag. Being new to blogging, I was just discovering all the kind give-aways that so many bloggers offer, but I never thought that I would actually win something. Much to my delight and surprise though, I actually won the totebag and it arrived last week with even more treats tucked inside. Just the tote itself is wonderful and I've already decided that it's going to be my official fleamarket bag. I can't wait for the next Alameda flea to use it!

Inside the tote was a sweet little hatbox with some lovely plaid ribbon around it. I love special ribbon and I already have plans to use it on a doll outfit.

Then, inside the box was a bunch of lovely robin's eggs, a leafy wreath with a French curtain clip to hang it and the sweetest white cup. This is my first piece of white glazed pottery (I'm actually not even sure what the technical name is for it, but it's like the drool-worthy Astier de Villatte ceramics) and I love it!

The little cup took pride of place on the yellow shelf I introduced in my last post and appropriately enough, the eggs found a home in the chicken. Also new to the shelf is a 1930s Staffordshire double egg cup that I found at a thrift store and some little Delft clogs that remind me of our happy year in the Netherlands.

Thank you again, Kristine, for such a lovely surprise! xoxo


And I have to apologize for being such an inconsistent blogger. At first, I thought that I would post weekly, but it's turning out to be more weakly. Boring life has kept me busy most of the time, but I did do a couple of exciting things this past weekend and will share pictures soon.

2 comments:

  1. I really like the bag and the extra treats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. From what I know about you so far...:) this prize was perfect! The shelf looks great too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I really appreciate it!

<3
Kelly