I think that there was some other reason that this past Sunday was supposed to be important -- something to do with apple pie and fireworks -- but for me, the main focus was the Alameda Fleamarket! Once again, my icebreakers came from about the third booth in that belongs to a French couple who brings back tons of lovely things from their country and sells them for amazingly low prices (what must they cost in France?). This time, from their $5 bin, I got a silver metal statue of St. Anthony, a handpainted padded silk box with brass fittings that appears to have originally been for candy and a striking ebony crucifix. I'm really not a button collector, but I couldn't resist the gray glass flower buttons or the black impressed buttons in the middle. I was thrilled to find the two vintage embroidery tranfers on the left and am already using the one on top to decorate a reticule for my Jane Austen picnic costume. At the same booth, I also got the sweet vintage pincushion on the right. However, my best finds of the day both amazingly cost only $1 each -- the cut glass lamp in the back and the ceramic flower basket. The lamp just needed a new plug, which my handy husband added and it is now casting a romantic glow in our bedroom. I think that I spent the least so far at the flea -- only $39 -- not so much because of my budget, but because I just didn't find a lot that inspired me, but I'm still very happy with my treasures.Wednesday, July 7, 2010
FleaFinds
I think that there was some other reason that this past Sunday was supposed to be important -- something to do with apple pie and fireworks -- but for me, the main focus was the Alameda Fleamarket! Once again, my icebreakers came from about the third booth in that belongs to a French couple who brings back tons of lovely things from their country and sells them for amazingly low prices (what must they cost in France?). This time, from their $5 bin, I got a silver metal statue of St. Anthony, a handpainted padded silk box with brass fittings that appears to have originally been for candy and a striking ebony crucifix. I'm really not a button collector, but I couldn't resist the gray glass flower buttons or the black impressed buttons in the middle. I was thrilled to find the two vintage embroidery tranfers on the left and am already using the one on top to decorate a reticule for my Jane Austen picnic costume. At the same booth, I also got the sweet vintage pincushion on the right. However, my best finds of the day both amazingly cost only $1 each -- the cut glass lamp in the back and the ceramic flower basket. The lamp just needed a new plug, which my handy husband added and it is now casting a romantic glow in our bedroom. I think that I spent the least so far at the flea -- only $39 -- not so much because of my budget, but because I just didn't find a lot that inspired me, but I'm still very happy with my treasures.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I really appreciate it!
<3
Kelly