I'm not sure what has inspired it, but I am finding myself immersed in the world of Jane Austen. Perhaps it is because about a month ago, my mother gave me DVDs of the Kiera Knightley Pride & Prejudice and the charming series, Lost in Austen, which I watched one after the other on a lazy Sunday or perhaps it is because with the hectic world we live in, I am finding comfort in the kinder, more gentile Regency era. Whatever the reason, I am thoroughly enjoying reading everything I can get my hands on about Jane Austen's world, rewatching the many productions of her works and sewing away on costumes for the Jane Austen picnic we are going to in August. Starting today, I will be rereading after about thirty years, Pride & Prejudice, as part of a group event on the very informative blog, Austenprose. Yes, this is going to be a "Lost in Austen" summer.I thought that it was appropriate to include the photo above with this post, because it is a hollow-cut silhouette in an Eastlake style frame that I won on eBay a couple of months ago for a fraction of the price they usually sell. Written on the back of the picture in pencil is "Sallie Cash 1813". I wonder if Miss Cash read any of The Authoress' books.

Ah beautiful silhouette, that bonnet is so cute. Will you be wearing a bonnet too at the picnic? I should say you simply have to! Have a lovely day Kelly!
ReplyDeleteSallie Cash :) that is an awfully sweet name, isn't it?
ReplyDeleteI have not seen the movies although I see everyone else in the world has! Lol....I tried to read one of the books but I couldn't get into it...
I love your ebay find!!! Silhouettes are wonderful.